On the 18th of November I arrange a little fishing meetup in Nordhavn for all the anglers in the Facebook group “Fiskeri i Københavns Havn”. You are invited too.
The Facebook group “Fiskeri i Københavns Havn” is a great source of information and meeting place for all the anglers fishing in Copenhagen Harbour. So I have decided to arrange a fishing meetup for the anglers there as well as other friends of the house.
The event is on Sunday the 18th of November. It will be a simple five hour tournament with fishing on all the legal spots in the harbour. There will be a prize for the angler catching the longest cod on the day, and I will try to get some more prizes from local sponsors.
I expect somewhere between 30 and 70 anglers depending on how much the rumour spreads. You are very welcome too. I am sure that it will be a day with lot of fishing, good talks and a perfect possibility to get some tips from other anglers.
The program will be updated in November but right now it looks like this:
- 9.30-10.30: Registration of participants somewhere in Nordhavn. It is free to participate.
- 10.00-15.00: Fishing in the harbour
- 15.00-15.20: Registration of catches.
- 15.30: The winner is found and receives a prize. Thank you for coming!
The rules are as follows:
- Please clean up so we send a good signal about anglers to the rest of the city as well as the By&Havn association.
- Remember your fishing license.
- Show the normal respect that we anglers always show for the other people in the harbour.
- Respect the minimum sizes.
- Only fish caught on spots allowed by By&Havn are part of the competition where the longest cod wins a prize. Catch & Release is also allowed if you bring a picture, where you can see the fish, a measuring tape and a newspaper showing the date.
- Remember net or gaf. It is dangerous if someone falls in the cold water.
- Participation is on your own responsibility. Fishing Copenhagen is not to be held accountable for accidents on the day.
Sign up to the Facebook group to get access to the specific event. Hope to see you there!